St. Clair is an independent, acute care medical center serving more than 500,000 residents of western Pennsylvania with 329 beds and five satellite locations offering advanced high-quality care in multiple specialties, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, mental health, women’s and children’s services, stroke care and more.
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN
Collect, process and distribute equipment, supplies and instruments needed for patient care to nursing units; while also processing and sterilizing all surgical instrumentation and assembling case carts for surgical procedures.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Enrollment in a Sterile Processing or Surgical Technician training programs
* 2 yrs experience in a central sterile processing unit preferred
* Ability to identify surgical instruments desired
* Exemplifies St. Clair Hospital’s Customer Service Behavioral Expectations in all interactions. Treats customers with respect, compassion, and hospitality; anticipates, identifies, and responds to individual needs; makes a positive first impression by acknowledging customers; and demonstrates flexibility while maintaining priorities
* Cleans, processes and packages reusable items for patient care
* Assembles surgical instrument trays, supplies, and linens
* Sterilizes instruments, equipment, surgical packs, treatment trays and other items
* Tests and cultures all sterilizing equipment and records results
* Operates and cleans major equipment within the unit (e.g., cart washer, autoclaves, 7 cube and 4 cube decontamination units, Sterrad and Steris units)
* Maintains and orders supplies according to pre-established levels or unit needs; inspects stock for expired items and reprocesses if indicated
* Enters charges and work orders and reprints requisitions
St. Clair is a top decile performer in patient safety, clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction, and value. A member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, St. Clair is driven by its 2,500 employees and a culture of continuous improvement. The Hospital recently earned its eighth consecutive ‘A’ grade for Hospital Safety and ranks at the top in patient satisfaction throughout the nation. In addition, IBM Watson Health named St. Clair among The Top 100 Hospitals in the nation for 2018.
As South Hills’ largest employer, we’re able to offer excellent benefits to both full- and part-time staff. Our team members receive health coverage, retirement, family/ wellness benefits, vacation/sick pay, tuition reimbursement and more.