Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Overview: The Physical Therapy Aide supports physical therapy care delivery by preparing treatment area, patient, equipment and materials; performing procedures, under the direct supervision of a Physical Therapist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after treatment.
Instruct, motivate, safeguard and assist patients practicing exercises and functional activities, under direction of Physical Therapist.
Secure patients into or onto therapy equipment.
Transport patients to and from treatment areas, using wheelchairs or providing standing support.
Perform clerical duties, such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, and filling out forms.
Maintain equipment and furniture to keep it in good working condition, including performing the assembly and disassembly of equipment and accessories.
Arrange treatment supplies to keep them in order.
Assist patients to dress, undress, and put on and remove supportive devices, such as braces, splints, and slings.
Qualifications and Education:
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Certification/Licensure: CPR certification for Health Care Providers.
3. Experience: One year as a physical therapy aid in an out-patient setting preferred.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Thorough knowledge of physical therapy principles and practices
Working knowledge of computer programs.
Maintain current CPR.
Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
1. Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
2. Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly to patients in person and over the telephone.
3. Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including visual examination of patient and reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
1. Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds unassisted, including assisting patients when required.
2. Adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity to perform the requisite health care service, including injections.
3. Requires frequent bending, reaching, repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift.
4. Requires exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Caremount Medical - Clinical
Why Work Here?
New York's largest, independent, multi specialty group.
CareMount Medical, P.C. is the largest independent multi-specialty medical group in New York State, providing comprehensive medical care of the highest quality to over 565,000 patients in more than 40 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties. Founded in 1946 as Mount Kisco Medical Group, CareMount has grown to over 560 physicians and advanced practice professionals representing more than 40 different medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class organizations including Massachusetts General Hospital, Mount Sinai Health System, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. CareMount offers on-site laboratory and radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. Our physicians are frequently recognized as best doctors in respected publications and have been featured in lists including New York Magazine’s “Best Doctors,” Westchester and Hudson Valley Magazine’s “Top Doctors” as well as in Castle Connolly Medical’s “Top Doctors.” For additional information about CareMount Medical and its specialties, please visit: www.caremountmedical.com. CareMount Medical is a registered service mark of CareMount Medical P.C.
2507 South Road Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 Poughkeepsie, NY USA
CareMount Medical is the largest, independent multi-specialty medical group in New York State. CareMount Medical provides the highest quality medical care in over 40 different locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia and Ulster counties. We provide medical care to over 500,000 patients in 43 different locations.Founded in 1946, CareMount Medical has grown to 560 physicians representing 43 different medical specialties with major campuses in:Mount KiscoCarmelKatonahKingstonFishkillJefferson ValleyPoughkeepsieRhinebeck