A non-exempt medical office position responsible for providing direct nursing care in a medical office setting under the direction of a physician,
assists medical providers, and maintains a clean and safe environment in accordance with the policies and procedures of the practice.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
2. Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
3. Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the
Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her
specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
4. Assists in the assessment of patient needs and health plan by taking vital signs, history, medication listing,
assessing visual acuity and determining chief complaint. Assesses patients? physical and mental status.
5. Completes all necessary documentation in the patient?s medical record in accordance with practice?s charting policy.
6. Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical treatments, exams and medical procedures
7. Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular and subcutaneous and intradermal injections.
Performs venipunctures, CLIA-Waived and non-CLIA Waived lab testing.
8. Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients and visitors. This includes cleaning, sterilizing, and storing instruments in
accordance with practice policies. Stocks rooms in preparation for the daily work schedule. Takes inventory of medical and exam room supplies.
9. Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially
infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, and other hazardous substances.
10. Arranges for specialized consultations and appointments
for testing as ordered by the physicians. Notifies appropriate insurance personnel to pre-certify surgeries or tests ordered by the physician or other
health care provider, which require pre-certification by the insurance company.
11. Answering office phones, assisting front desk in scheduling appointments and directing calls appropriately.
12. Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral processing and scheduling process
13. Assist in other functions of the physician practice as needed.
Education: High school diploma/GED with completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program
Certification: Medical Assistant and CPR certification
Experience: Must have a minimum of one year of experience working in a physician office
1. Basic understanding of medical terminology.
2. Knowledge of medical office procedures and process.
3. Knowledge of clinical equipment, supplies, and instruments.
4. Understanding of documentation required for physician office visits.
5. Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the local community's health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers.
6. Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to provide effective patient care.
1. Skill in problem solving.
2. Skill in computer hardware and software use.
3. Skill in verbal and written communication.
4. Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
5. Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
6. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the
7. Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
8. Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
1. Ability to obtain vital signs and record them correctly.
2. Ability to use medical equipment, supplies and instruments.
3. Ability to understand and carry out written, oral and/or graphic instructions.
4. Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
5. Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
6. Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
7. Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
8. Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Equipment Operated: Must be able to operate medical office devices as well as standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers,
printers, telephones, calculators, etc.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lit office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Involves standing, bending, crouching or stooping approximately 75 percent of the day, walking or sitting the remainder,
using computers and telephones. Ability to push, pull or lift objects greater than 50 pounds. Must have ability to hear/ascertain heart, breath and
bowel sounds. Must be able to visually discern pumps and monitors. Must be able to write legibly.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Alabaster, Alabama
Facility: Shelby Market
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905031563
About Shelby Market
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.
BACK TO TOP
International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM)