The Histo Technologist performs technical duties associated with the preparation of histopathological slides for Pathologist to review.
Working Conditions: Exposure to toxic substances, communicable diseases, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a medical laboratory environment.
Essential Duties: (including but not limited to the following):
* Performs tissue processing, embedding, cutting and slide preparation.
* Stains slides manually or by automated staining methods.
* Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems involving methodology, technique, and instrumentation utilization.
* Performs maintenance and quality control on instruments as applicable.
* Monitors environmental conditions in the lab.
* Maintains a safe working environment.
* Monitors supply inventory and orders supplies.
* Maintains patient confidentiality.
* Attends required meetings.
* Performs related work as directed by the Pathologist.
Typical Physical Demands:
* Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. * Sitting for extended periods of time may occur. * Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. * Requires visual acuity and normal color perception.
Qualifications and Education:
* Minimum of Associates Degree in related science as approved by accrediting agency.
* Minimum of one year experience preferred.
* NYS Histotech License or higher license required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
CareMount Medical is the largest, independent multi-specialty medical group in New York State. CareMount Medical provides the highest quality medical care in over 40 different locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia and Ulster counties. We provide medical care to over 500,000 patients in 43 different locations.Founded in 1946, CareMount Medical has grown to 560 physicians representing 43 different medical specialties with major campuses in:Mount KiscoCarmelKatonahKingstonFishkillJefferson ValleyPoughkeepsieRhinebeck