Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weï¿½re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Sorting and mailing of the daily pathology reports.
2. Timely pick up of lab specimens from East tower (30min interval) and the scheduled run from Preadmission area and other area as needed or requested.
3. Timely and accurately accessioning of lab samples in the electronic medical records
4 .Responsible for stocking and organizing supplies in phlebotomy draw room on scheduled shifts.
5. Responsible for unloading and stocking of the phlebotomy supplies on scheduled shifts
6. Assisting in outpatients presenting to lab in area of order entry and other items as designated.
7. Assisting in answering of department phones and directing the inquiry to appropriate sections.
8. Assisting in specimen handling and distribution during scheduled shifts
9. Understanding and the ability to handle in coming lab orders and assistance in assigning the draws to designated phlebotomist
TRANSPORTS/DELIVERS to various nursing departments
ï¿½ Lab Specimens in all areas including Emergency Room
ï¿½ Equipment (emergency only)
ï¿½ Timely pick up of blood products from blood bank with clear communication from charge nurse with presentation of order for transfusion and verified patient consent form
ï¿½ Performs 30min rounding between East tower and Laboratory
1.Timely response to pages/Spectralink phone.
2.Documentation of workload on daily tally
3.Courteous response to all calls.
4. Prioritizes calls and tasks appropriately.
5. Consistently communicates with lab and nursing unit to maintain efficiency.
6. Maintains BLS certification.
7. Demonstrates appropriate body mechanics.
8. Demonstrates Universal Precautions and follows isolation procedures.
9. Utilizes hospital golf cart in a safe manner and adheres to the policy
10. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Consistently completes runnerï¿½s log and submits it to director on daily basis
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
Recent laboratory experience in management of specimens and terminology
Preferred: Hospital experience with understanding of the laboratory EMR system.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005020961
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.