Surgery Center of Reno has an opportunity for a team member in our Sterile Processing Department. This is a full-time, benefit eligible position and involves a variety of duties including: decontamination, assembly and sterilization of surgical instruments as well as assisting with OR turn overs.
- Knowledge of proper handling and decontamination techniques for contaminated instrumentation.
- Commitment to following the recommended instructions for decontamination, cleaning, flushing, drying, and sterilizing in the sterile processing area.
- Inspection of surgical instrument for bioburden, function and defects.
- Perform, analyze and document sterilizer function tests using gravity, chemical, and biological indicators.
- Perform and record all quality control monitoring processes. Take appropriate actions for abnormal results.
- Familiar with autoclave, sterrad, washer and ultrasonic washer functions.
- Work collaboratively with OR team to determine priority of surgical instruments and trays. Communicate issues regarding trays to necessary staff.
- Assist OR team with patient transfers and room turn over
- Day shift/ Monday through Friday.
This is full-time job offering competitive salary and benefits (health, dental, vision, disability, life, 401K, Paid Time Off, plus Holidays).
- GED or High School diploma
- One-year certification from college or technical school; or 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination education and experience
- CPR certification
- Certified Sterile Processing credential
Internal Number: 001
About Surgery Center of Reno
Located at 343 Elm street, Reno NV, Surgery Center of Reno is a free standing Ambulatory Surgery Center. We have five OR’s, One procedure room and the capability to keep patients overnight in our recovery area. We offer service to a variety of specialties including:
- NEUROSURGERY / SPINE SURGERY
- PHYSICAL MEDICINE & REHABILITATION PAIN MANAGEMENT
- UROLOGY / LITHOTRIPSY
- DENTAL / ORAL SURGERY
- EAR, NOSE & THROAT
- WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY
- GENERAL SURGERY