MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaï¿½s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY:Under general supervision of a pharmacist or supervisor and according to established policies and procedures, prepares and distributes medications and IV solutions, fills medication carts, maintains pharmacy and patient care drug stock, records and charges medications to the correct patient or location, and performs other related duties. Supports the pharmacists in meeting the pharmaceutical needs of patients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Fills and exchanges patient medication cassettes. Fills new medication orders based on labels generated by a pharmacist.. Prepares medications and unit of use (unit-dose) doses as necessary. Prepares solutions, ointments, and other compounds as needed. Delivers medications to appropriate areas in a timely manner. Maintains all required records and documents.
2. Maintains drug stock in pharmacy and patient care areas. Fills and delivers items as requisitioned. Delivers medications according to Pyxis usage reports and state regulations. Makes appropriate charges for all floors, units, and/or
departments. Generates all required reports and fill sheets on a timely basis. Fills and exchanges medications for code carts. Maintains all required records and documents. Maintains a neat and clean environment in all medication storage areas.
3. Runs update lists for IV orders and asceptically prepares IV solutions for inpatient and outpatient areas, using proper aseptic technique. Properly labels all solutions. Prepares and labels bulk IV's. Cleans the IV hoods. Adheres to OSHA guidelines and safety procedures. Prepares chemotherapy drugs. Proper usage of computerized machinery used in compounding and formulating pharmaceutical products. Maintains a workflow ensuring proper and timely delivery of drug doses. Maintains all required records and documents.
4. Performs and documents assigned monthly unit inspections, including checking of code carts.
5. Assists in the purchasing functions, including maintaining adequate and proper inventory, ordering, storage, and receiving of medications and supplies. Assists in maintaining all required records and documents.
6.Communicates to pharmacists and/or pharmacy manager on matters requiring their attention.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1.High School diploma or equivalent. Basic mathematical skills. Attention to detail. Ability to handle and prioritze
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005029333
About MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.