JOB SUMMARY: Assists the patient care manager with the coordination of the daily patient schedule in conjunction with the Clinical Staff Leader, physician, and staff nurse with regular guidance. Ensures instrumentation and supplies are verified according to preference cards and added to case cart prior to entry into the room. Transports patients utilizing a wheelchair van to VUMC facilities in a proper and safe manner.
Responds to emergency calls or requests for cleaning services.
Assists in preparing the room for procedures to meet special equipment needs.
Performs instrument sterilization for specialized instrument; turnovers utilizing principles of outlined by AAMI standards.
Transports patients to various areas of the Medical Center by wheelchair van
Maintains van for safe and proper usage, ensuring equipment is ready when needed.
STERILIZATION PREPARATION (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working with sterilization preparation.
SURGICAL EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE (NOVICE): - Knowledge of the specific equipment and its performance criteria, capabilities and limitations. Able to use the equipment to accomplish basic tasks associated with the specific devices. May conduct remedial maintenance and preventive maintenance.
CUSTOMER SERVICE - (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - Demonstrates an awareness of the need for good customer relations. Asks questions to identify customer's needs or expectations. Understands the need to provide ongoing dialogue with and service support to the organization's customers. Understands the distinction between direct customer and ultimate consumer. Demonstrates an orientation and sensitivity to customer service. Prohibits personal emotions from interfering and influencing customer responses.
Organizational Impact: Performs clearly defined tasks and methods described in detail to achieve standardized solutions that impact own performance with regular guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Follows a well established process to solve routine problems where solutions are clearly prescribed.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has basic job knowledge of systems and procedures that are common to own job.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to the team.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards Ensures continuous improvement.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.