Location Address: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Carrollwood
Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Certified Central Sterile Processing Technician minimum job requirements include: sitting/standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking and reaching (overhead, extensive, and repetitive). Proficient communicative, auditory, and visual skills are needed. Attention to detail and ability to write legibly. Must have the ability to lift/push/pull greater than 35 pounds. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, cold, noise, radiation, blood / body fluids, and infectious diseases.
1. Decontaminates and sterilizes instruments, medical supplies, assembles, wraps, and sterilize trays of instruments. Follow proper standard precautions while in decontamination and sterilization areas.
2. Monitors biological and chemical wash solution to ensure quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and medical equipment.
3. Sorts mismatched sets of instruments, trays, and medical equipment and makes them available for sterile processing in a timely matter.
4. Restocks, labels, and maintain inventory, collects and distributes instruments and trays.
5. Performs environmental maintenance duties and assist in maintaining inventory levels in sterile processing, the operating room, and in equipment storage areas.
6. Maintains a clean work area.
7. Assists with maintaining established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality improvement, safety, and environmental and infection control standards.
8. Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that she/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Â· 1. Ability to read, write and communicate in English
Â· 2. Capable of lifting 35 lbs. independently
Â· 3. Prolonged standing
Â· 4. Ability to function independently.
Â· 5. Basic computer skills.
Â· 6. Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Â· High School Graduate or Equivalent
Â· Central Sterile Processing w/Certification and or,
Â· Certified Sterile Technician
Â· One year experience in processing and sterilization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Â· Current status as a certified registered central service technician (CRCST). Completion of educational requirements to maintain certification.
Â· Successful completion of an approved central service technician course or competency certification through national organization (IAHCSMM or NICHSPDP).
Â· Basic Life Support ( BLS ) from an approved American Heart Association.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
i.e. vision, values, etc
Performs and participates in decontamination, cleaning, assembling, packing, scanning, sterilization, storage and distribution of reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.