To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Responsible for the strategic direction of Sterile Processing throughout Vail Health. Oversees operations for all surgical site locations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Oversees the planning and implementation of new department locations as well as ongoing management of all locations.
2. Responsible for employment decisions for the department including hiring, scheduling, and disciplinary action.
3. Manages the onboarding of physician providers to ensure instrumentation needs are met. Work with existing providers and OR leaders to meet instrumentation needs.
4. Participates in the OR and the Infection Control Committees and in partnership provides QI projects for staff, monitors results and plans outcomes, and provides compliance with industry standards, regulatory agencies.
5. Implement new process and technologies to provide continual departmental growth and quality.
6. Works with other hospital staff to provide uniform standards though out the hospital, physicians, community and other hospitals. Works across departments on special projects, i.e., pick-up and delivery of patient care equipment and instruments.
7. Re-orders the replacement MOR and VVSC instrumentation, operational supplies and office supplies.
8. Works with Human Resources to maintain necessary employee records including but not limited to; orientation, competencies and certifications.
9. Evaluates performance of subordinates; prepares performance evaluations appropriately.
10. Responsible for Capital and Operational budget. Manages the ordering of replacement Main OR and Vail Health instrumentation, operational supplies and office supplies.
11. Role models the principals Just Culture and Organizational Values.
12. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
Benefits Summary: This position offers a robust benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with up to 5% retirement deferral match, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, student load assistance, childcare assistance, life and disability insurance, employee assistance program, annual bonus potential, amongst others.
7 years Central Sterile Processing experience required.
5 years of experience in a sterile processing leadership role required.
Working knowledge on Medical Terminology required.
Familiar with AAMI, AORN, OSHA, FDA, CDC and all federal and state regulatory standards.
Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CRCST) or Certified Registered Central Service Technician by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CSPDI by CBSPD) required.
Certified Sterile Processing Management (CSPM) by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) OR Certified Health Care Leader (CHL) by the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) required.
Internal Number: DSP
About Vai Health
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit community health care system serving patients and guests from around the world. Locally operated and governed by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, accredited by the Joint Commission. Our 24/7 emergency department in Vail is a Level III Trauma Center with a nearby helipad for necessary medical transports. Vail Health provides a wide array of services and access points including Beaver Creek Medical Center, urgent care clinics in Avon and Gypsum, our Edwards medical campus, Eagle Healthcare Center and a multispecialty clinic in Frisco. Howard Head Sports Medicine offers physical therapy services at 10 locations and works closely with our internationally renowned orthopaedic partners at The Steadman Clinic and Vail-Summit Orthopaedics. In addition, Vail Health's Shaw Cancer Center and Sonnenalp Breast Center are the region’s only fully accredited cancer treatment center and comprehensive