Location Address: 13100 Fort King Rd, Dade City, FL 33525
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Possible Sign-on Bonus up to $5,000.
Only hospital in East and Central Pasco to earn Accreditation in Atrial Fibrillation in 2018 by the American College of Cardiology
Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment in 2019 by Healthgrades
Earned Get With the Guidelines Stroke Silver Plus TS Quality Achievement Award 2018 by American Heart/Stroke Association
Full Time 40 hours per week. M-F 6:30AM - 3:00PM. Call one weekday per week and one weekend per month.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Participates with the professional nurse in planning for and preparing for surgical procedures in the assigned areas.
· Sets up sterile instruments and supplies and assists the surgeon with instruments, sutures and supplies during the course of surgery.
· Observes and reports to the professional nurse pertinent observations, regarding sterile technique
· Assists in providing a safe, clean and comfortable environment for patients.
· Demonstrates initiative by performing other functions such as cleaning the room, including the floor, between surgeries.
· Responsible for watching and protecting sterile items and for staying in the assigned sterile area and keeping unsterile people and unsterile objects from contaminating sterile area or self.
· Maintains proper position during all cases so as not to contaminate self and supplies or hamper progress of the surgery.
· Assists in training new OR personnel, as requested.
· Directly responsible for appropriate use of department equipment and supplies required in standard care of patients. Prudent use of equipment, supplies, time and personnel will prevent monetary loss or damage to resources that could be minimal or substantial.
· Complies with department safety policies, procedures and protocol. Responsible to help ensure that the safety and physical well-being of patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are maintained.
· Participates in unit specific and multi-disciplinary Performance Improvement activities at the Hospital/Unit-based level.
· Demonstrates competence in care of specimens and accurately handles specimens at all times.
· Completes operating room counts (instruments, sponges, needles); follows proper procedure in the event of incorrect count; reports all discrepancies to Circulating RN and surgeon and/or corrects immediately
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Team member will work the assigned unit based on his/her orientation, competencies and patient needs to include floating between Dade City and Zephyrhills as assigned.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Â· Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Â· Ability and willingness to adapt to change.
Â· Excellent communication skills.
Â· Ability to multitask.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Â· Completion of High School/GED
Â· Graduate of Surgical Technology school/course or equivalent training
Â· Minimum of 1 year work experience in the Operating Room
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Â· Current American Heart Association BLS certification
Â· Current certification for CST/ or Obtained within 90 days of employment
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
Â· Code of Conduct as outlined in the âœGuidelines for Employeesâ handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication
Provides care and safety of the patient while in the Operating Room under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. By knowledge and assessment of the individual patient and procedure, the technician anticipates the needs of the surgeon and provides this service while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment. Represents the Department of Nursing in a professional and courteous manner. This individual will often coordinate his/her work to meet the ever-changing needs of the department/hospital. Day-to-day responsibilities require good use of judgment regarding timely and appropriate communication with the hospital staff, patients and visitors. Recognizes the need for teamwork and functions as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.