1.SURGERY FLOW Check the surgery schedule. Report to hospital one (1) hour before first surgery. Serve as a resource to hospital staff. Assist in the management of laparoscopic items, such as cameras, scopes instrument sets, etc. Prepares and maintains laparoscopic equipment for surgical procedures.
2. VIDEO EQUIPMENT Bring and set up video towers in all laparoscopic rooms. Turn the power on all monitors, printers, VCR’s, insufflator and light source. Check to make sure that color bars are on all monitors. Replace gas tank if needed. Check printer for low paper. Report bulb life to biomed.
3.CASE CART Verify and put laparoscopic trays on case cart. Verify all reusable peel pack and disposable items. Verify scope and camera availability. Assist pulling case carts outside room, if/when time permits.
4. ROOM ASSISTANCE Turn over rush items ASAP. Push contaminated instruments to SPD if/when time permits. Float in and out of rooms assisting surgical team during operative procedures, by arranging and inventorying the sterile set-up for operation. Assist hospital staff in operation of equipment.
5. DECONTAMINATION Clean all laparoscopic reusable items removing all visible bio-burden, utilizing the proper cleaning techniques and enzymatic solutions. Properly don PPE.
6. PREPARE & PACKAGE Inspect, assemble, maintain and replace various laparoscopic instruments in need of repair. Tests equipment for functionality and take appropriate measurements. Ensures the insulation is not damaged utilizing the insulation tester and visual inspection. Tape all laparoscopic instruments with the appropriate colored tape to help identify each item. Assemble sets.
7. PEEL PACKS Collect and distribute all laparoscopic items to the appropriate storage area. Check peel pack daily for any missing items. Peel pack all instruments using safety and sterility techniques without breaching or compromising the integrity of the packages before sterilization. Label and initial all peel pack items on the distal end of the package.
8. WRAPPING Properly wrap laparoscopic instrument sets, scopes and cameras without jeopardizing the integrity of the wrapper and contents included.
9.PAPERWORK/FORMS Understand and properly fill out the instrument repair log, inventory tracking and action form, missing instrument report, loaner forms, employee occurrence report, medical device incident report, expense report, etc.
10. COMMUNICATION Serve as a resource to hospital staff. Maintains contact with hospital staff, physicians and SOSI staff.
12. EDUCATION Participate in training sessions and educational in-services.
High school diploma or its equivalent preferred • 6 months - 2 years of related experience in a service-oriented environment in the public sector. • Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with the hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. • The employee may be required to push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 20 pounds. • The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. • This is a high-risk environment working in areas of potential blood borne pathogens exposure
Additional Salary Information: Starting salary dependent on candidate experience and qualifications.
Internal Number: 1
About Surgical Operational Services Inc
SOSI is a privately owned service organization. We provide O.R. driven processes that focus on a proactive approach to instrument management, showing a 10-35% savings. Our goal is to assist facilities with Laparoscopic and Central Sterile Services focused on management of labor, instruments/assets, and supplies.