1. Decontaminates surgical and procedural instruments per manufacturer's recommendations.
2. Assembles, inspects, and tests per department protocol according manufacturer's recommendations.
3. Operates all equipment in Sterile Processing Department including, but not limited to, steam sterilizers, H2O2, instrument and cart washers.
4. Uses instrument tracking system in all areas of Sterile Processing Department including documentation of tests and sterilizer records.
5. Examines and maintains integrity of sterile packages.
6. Prioritize vendor tray processing.
7. Must comply if assigned and/or required to carry and utilize Cisco phones or other communication device Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to internal and external customers.
8. Must maintain and check Memorial Care email correspondence regularly but at least bi-weekly.
9. Precepts and assists with the orientation of new staff.
10. Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to internal and external customers.
11. Able to work in a collaborative environment.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned within the scope of training and service.