· Assures that surgical information is accurate and complete and submitted via the computer system to all surgical areas and other department requiring notification, accepts and documents all special requests.
· Verifies all request for specific anesthesiologists and monitors anesthesia schedule for any conflicts, assures effective utilization of the surgical suites and anesthesia time/procedures.
· Utilizes and maintains the standby schedule to replace patient canceled from the daily schedule, communicates planned schedule changes and coordinates requested support services such as imaging.
· Verifies surgery schedule, including patient admission status, in all surgical areas, works varied shifts as requested by manager.
· Calls in the OR teams for MOR, CVOR, WCOR, CWOR and Endoscopy for emergency cases.
· Take call-off for all departments and notify department managers.
· Responsible for after-hours scheduling of emergency add-ons and next day add-ons/changes.
· Contact case cart for emergencies.
· Other duties as scheduled by manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Proficient with computer programs with word processing: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Cerner.
· Demonstrates interpersonal skills by effectively communicating with all levels of management and outside vendors and medical office staff.
· Strong emphasis on organizational skills and strong attention to detail and ability and willingness to multi task.
· Ability to deal with data that is of a sensitive and confidential nature.
· Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
· Displays professional interactions with all levels of internal and external customers as demonstrated by work history and interview process.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated by application resume, work history and interview process.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to successful accomplish the assigned duties and responsibilities of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Graduate or Equivalent
· Minimum of two years of secretarial experience with one year in an acute care hospital setting.
· Proficient in computer and typing skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Associates Degree or Business School certificate
· Experience in an acute care hospital setting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION:
i.e. vision, values, etc
Responsible for assisting with the coordination of the Surgical Suite Traffic and the scheduling of surgical cases for MOR, ODSC, CVOR, WCOR, and Endoscopy.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.