See what working at a “100 Best Company To Work For” is like!
New Grads Welcome To Apply
Are you looking for a rewarding career with an award winning company? We're looking for a qualifiedCertified Sterile Processing Techto join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Fort Worth
Work environment: Central Sterile Processing
Work hours: Full-time, 36 hours weekly, 10:30pm – 7:00am
Salary range: $16.09 - $25.28 per hour (based on relevant experience)
At Texas Health Fort Worth we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 726-bed, Magnet-designated, full-service hospital serving our community since 1930. Our location in Fort Worth provides convenient care to the residents of Fort Worth and the surrounding areas.
If you're looking for cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, neurosciences, sports medicine and emergency medicine, we've got it. Plus we're an accredited Cycle III Chest Pain Center, an Emergency Center of Excellence and provide gynecology, neonatal intensive care, respiratory therapy and orthopedic medicine.
And talk about award winning. Texas Health Fort Worth is Joint Commission-certified in both Heart Failure and Chest Pain, a Comprehensive Stroke Center, an Acute Heart Failure Center, a Level II Trauma Center, a designated Magnet hospital and the Best Place to Have a Baby in Tarrant County. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for emergency services, women's services, cardiac care and much more.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• CSPTDT – Certified Sterile Processing & Distribution Technician required OR
• CBSPD – Certification Board for Sterile Processing & Distribution required OR
• CRCST – Certified Registered Central Service Technician required upon hire
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support
Position Responsibilities A Certified Sterile Processing Tech with Texas Health will be required to have a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and the ability to function in a fast-paced, changing environment.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Certified Sterile Processing Tech will:
• Perform scanning of instrument trays for location and creation of count sheet/label.
• Demonstrate proper assembly technique for instrument trays.
• Demonstrate wrapping/containing of instruments/tray.
• Perform scanning of instrument trays to track location using the SPM system.
• Demonstrate decontamination process according to policy and procedure. Cleaning of instruments manually using automated cleaners
- Ultrasonic washer
- Instrument washer
- Cart washer
• Perform tests and documents as directed to ensure proper operation of washers and Emergency Eyewash and Shower
• Demonstrate the proper loading technique for sterilization method.
• Scan prepared items into correct sterilizer load.
• Demonstrate procedure requirements needed to complete prior to sterilization operation.
• Operate sterilizer according to the manufacturer's instructions and the department's policy.
• Demonstrate procedure for removal of items following sterilization.
• Demonstrate monitoring procedures.
• Scan and deliver item to the proper storage place
• Effectively utilize infection control concepts.
• Effectively handle all chemical and cleaning agents used for cleaning, decontamination and sterilization of instruments and equipment.
• Describe what to do in the event of a chemical spill or related injury.
• Demonstrate safety precautions when operating washers and sterilizers.
• Follow safe lifting techniques as well as proper techniques for handling instruments
• Demonstrate processing and distribution of special medical emergency carts, and Urology carts
• Assist Service Window customers according to established guidelines.
• Monitor supplies as necessary.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health Certified Sterile Processing Tech, you'll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America's Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Certified Sterile Processing Tech:
Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
Positively impact patients' quality of life
Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources