Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Bring your desire to learn and grow with us to our ever growing Outpatient Imaging Center, where you'll be working side by side with medical staff to create a great patient experience. We are looking for a compassionate caring Digital Imaging Clerk to join our great team of health care professionals. A love for working with a variety of patients, is a definite plus. Banner Imaging has patients from infancy to senior years. We are dedicated to providing high quality medical care to all our patients. Banner Imaging is dedicated to providing their patients with an exceptional imaging experience. Our goal is to provide the best care possible in a friendly, comfortable, and relaxed environment.
Here at Banner Imaging we embrace a positive, fun family atmosphere where we encourage our team members to learn and grow alongside a great team of individuals who are passionate about medical imaging. There is opportunities to grow within your career and promote within the company. Working 8:30-5:00 pm, Monday - Friday (open to OT if necessary) Shifts can vary. 8:30-9:30 start time . We are closed major holidays and do not have call. In this position will you answer phones and computer task driven workflow. Multi-tasking between various programs, HIPPA compliant detailed work. This is a fast paced environment. Work in office setting, non-clinical site. Needs to have good communication skills (phone, pc, email). We feel we have something special here at Banner Imaging and are looking forward to you joining our team. We have multiple locations across the Valley.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the maintenance and distribution of digital information within the medical imaging department in accordance with department/facility policies and procedures.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides support in the acquisition and distribution of digital patient records. Performs the maintenance of confidential medical records in accordance with current guidelines and regulations.
2. Digitizes, formats, and transmits film-based images into PACS. Maintains accurate filling system as required based on established department protocols and procedures.
3. Fulfills requests for images ensuring availability in system, hard copy (film), and/or CD as required and follows proper protocols for releasing confidential patient information.
4. Retrieves and may create reports, images, and merges studies and other patient data. Ensures necessary images and reports are available in a timely manner.
5. Performs a variety of tasks and functions associated with the department's daily operations, including but not limited to, greeting patients, medical staff and the public, answering incoming telephone calls, schedule appointments, enter orders and providing general information to customers. Refers complex inquiries to the appropriate department or staff. Provides ongoing clerical and administrative support.
6. This position assists in the operations of the medical imaging department. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Must be computer literate and possess knowledge of basic medical terminology. Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
Knowledge of filing and/or retrieval systems preferred. One year of experience in a relevant work environment is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.