* Performs ophthalmic work up for new and return patients independently.
* Performs basic, intermediate, and advanced ophthalmic exam techniques including specialized testing. Provides leadership and serves as an expert role model in clinical support functions including educating/training others on the skills and knowledge of ophthalmology.
Key Responsibilities :
* Provides basic, intermediate, and advanced ophthalmic workup and specialized testing with no supervision.
* Performs and leads functions that assist faculty, residents and technical staff with daily clinical needs without direction.
* Interacts with the patient in a professional manner using AIDET techniques; serves as a role model/leader in patient interactions.
* Leads team in maintaining a clean working environment, stocked rooms, equipment, and EOC guidelines.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Organizational Impact: Performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team's performance with minimal guidance.
* Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts research and analysis to solve some non-routine problems.
* Breadth of Knowledge: Applies broad job knowledge and has basic job skills in other areas.
* Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to less experienced team members.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
* * High School Diploma / GED required
* * Active COA / COT certification (highly preferred)
* Experience working at a high-volume eye care facility
* Pediatric ophthalmic tech experience is highly desired
* 3+ years of experience
* Travel with provider to satellite clinics may be required to provide support and assist with patient care. Our traveling technicians travel approximately 2-3 days per week as needed. Our off-site locations are Madison, Franklin, Lebanon, Skyline, Tullahoma, Murfreesboro, Lawrenceburg, and Bellevue along with the Main Campus location.
This position is Monday - Friday (Days)
Travel to other clinics may be required
At the Vanderbilt Eye Institute, we strive to make life better for adults and children with eye conditions including glaucoma, vision loss and diseases of the retina. We treat patients from across Tennessee and the Southeast. Our doctors, researchers and support staff use the latest technologies and methods, and we conduct vital vision research that translates to better treatments.
The Vanderbilt Eye Institute is a leader in quality eye care. We offer the latest technologies and methods while conducting innovative research to improve patients' lives and prevent vision loss.
We work hard each day because your eyes are important to us.
The Vanderbilt Eye Institute attracts some of the most talented doctors and researchers in the country. Our subspecialty ophthalmologists have completed a minimum of one year of fellowship training after residency and are board eligible or board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Vanderbilt Eye Institute's award-winning research staff collaborates with our doctors as well as other Vanderbilt departments to pursue discoveries that enhance the vision of patients everywhere.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.