Up to $8K Sign On depending on years of relevant experience
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, carries out all technical aspects of cardiac procedures. Assesses all parameters and performance during procedures. Records hemodynamic/physiological waveforms and performs various hemodynamic/physiological calculations. Maintains equipment, supply inventory and medical inventory. Prepares patient for procedures and monitors patient status. Assists with basic and advanced life support. Assists in other general duties that are necessary to provide quality patient care and promote the success. Required to make value judgments pertaining to patient condition and safety. Acts as a resource to staff in the theory, practice, and operation and implementation of hemodynamic monitoring systems. Performs analysis of existing hemodynamic system operations and implementations, recommends and implements changes and improvements in support of System Administrator and department administration to be in compliance with CMS / JCAHO standards as well as DMC Heart Hospital/Tenant guidelines. Performs periodic analysis and upgrades of system to maintain data integrity and compliance. Under general supervision and following established procedures, operates specialty imaging equipment, including, angiograms, etc., to obtain quality images for use by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Gathers necessary patient information and maintains examination records. Performs other duties as required to ensure optimal patient flow through the department and efficient use of equipment. Participates in creating Physician, Staff and Department report cards' utilizing various data systems to accurately assess key metrics. Participates in ongoing data analysis and process improvement to maximize efficiency, reimbursement, accuracy, supply costing and overall physician, staff, administrative, and corporate satisfaction.
1. Associates degree in Science with a major in Cardiovascular Technology, or completion of a two year accredited Cardiovascular Technology Training Program and/or equivalent combination of education and job related experience.
2. Registration with the National Board of Cardio Vascular Testing required (RCIS) or (RCES) or ARRT registered with Cardiac/Interventional (CI) or (CV) Cardiac/Vascular Radiology Certification.
3. American Heart association (AHA) Basic Life Support-Healthcare Provider (BLS) certification.
4. Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification (ACLS) for employees working in adult setting or Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification (PALS) for employees working in pediatric setting.
5. One or more years of direct Cardiac Cath/Peripheral Vascular/EP Lab experience required.
6. Prior experience working with assessment metrics and quality improvement processes in groups, alone, with and without immediate or direct supervision.
If Other Shift, Specify: Shift is primary days, but includes 24 hours coverage
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105009765
About DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.